Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Neatness is catching and "what's a 'fleuron'?"


As many of you know, we have recently put the house on the market. We hope to be able to sell in the next few months and move to Colorado. I am not a very, uh, "clean" person by nature. I'll let the dishes go a day or two without scrubbin' and I think I've cleaned my windows once since we moved in. I won't go on, but you get the idea. Now that I have to be ready to let perfect strangers into my home at any moment I am highly motivated to have it looking nice. The first few weeks were very hard. But now, I cannot believe it. I swear it looks really nice most of the time and I don't feel like I am clean freak at all. Maybe that is what a clean freak would say, too...Anyhow, I think I've uncovered some latent OCD. I'm worried, though. In the next house, will I have to live up to this standard since I've proven that I can do it? What have I set myself up for? Why didn't anyone warn me!?!?!
On a lighter note, I want to explain the "Fleurons and Dizzel". This cool title was James' idea (as all cool ideas that I have are...). He just designed a website with lots of fleurons (those swirlly, curlly, fancy things you see in books and in other forms of print) and "Dizzel" is the name of our wireless router ( not the router we are currently usuing. No, we are now on our third or fourth upgrade). So, "Fleurons and Dizzel"-- we are a fanciful family that has it roots in the practical world? I really don't know if it means anything, it just sounds cool.

5 comments:

Sarbear said...

So what's with using the wileywoman name. You wanna fight?

Regarding cleaning, you could probably go back to your old ways... just slowly. James won't notice as much then.

wileywoman said...

uhh, "sarbear" I'm totally not stealing "wileywoman". I'm as "wiley" as they come!

DeAnn said...

Girls, girls, you dad would be so proud. (referring to the comments!)
Always injoy the blog Karen.
LOVE YOU LOTS! MOM

Driel said...

Go, Karen! That sounds way hard to keep the house looking nice all the time. I love the name of the blog, also.

Marie Bindrup said...

Yeah, your blog name was puzzling me, so I am glad you cleared that up. As far as the cleaning. Yeah, I should have warned you. When Ryan saw that I could keep our house clean (when we were showing it) as well as take care of a preschooler, a toddler, and a newborn, I just dug a HUGE HOLE for myslelf. I, too, have very slowly let the dishes go for a day, the laundry, etc. Ryan doesn't catch on much anyway since he is always working. You will survive! Good luck with the house cleaning, AND SELLING!