Here's the run down:
Only 60% can be lawn (or "turf"...new word for me) and they highly recommend xeriscaping (another new one). We have a 30 degree slope off the back (that I have no idea what to do with except dump a bunch of rock on it) and a decent amount of side yard to contend with. Also, I have issues with killing plants and apparently things don't tend to grow well in our area unless you put some time and thought into it. Help?
I totally didn't realize what I was getting myself into. So, if you have some good advice about the cheapest way to landscape our lot (still has to look pretty good according to the HOA) please share. Here are some pictures for those who are interested. Looking pretty good! We have the electrical being put in right now.

8 comments:
I know nothing about landscaping - and I have the bare yard to prove it, but your house is looking great! I can't wait to see more pictures as it progresses. You all look great too! What a cute family :) We miss you guys.
post some pics of your "yard" or the space you want to have done. Then Sarah and I will take care of it- i.e. I will tell sarah what to do, and she will photoshop it in like she did with her yard! How does that sound! Ha! No really, do you want the back yard to slope? how about putting in terraces or big steps. You could put a walking area going down the steps with landscaping on either side. Or you can make an area great for sledding or a slip n slide!
i have no idea about the yard.. but i can say i am totally excited to come live with you guys again!!! ha ha.. just kidding. i figure you´ve probably had enough of that. But a visit will definitely be in order
love the big windows
HGTV has a site on outdoor landscaping ( actually, where else would landscaping be?) it is HGTV.com/getout. Might be worth a try to look. Marie seems to have the best solution so far/ She must be smart like her grandma. Love you.:)
Your house is coming along great! Brandon and I did the landscaping around our house. We went to an awesome nursery up in layton that gave us great ideas. Marlene is right, go to HGTV. They have an app on there that lets you design your own backyard to scale.
Karen--how exciting! Your house is in such a beautiful area! Landscaping is always the hardest part. I can't imagine starting from scratch! Good luck...
I think you are living with a really good landscaper. Use her!!
Post a Comment