Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pictures, finally.

Yay! We're all moved in! We love our new house and want to say thank you to all the relatives that helped us out this last week. We could not have done it with out you. Here are some pictures (not very good ones because we've been so busy unpacking I haven't had time to take a cute little family picture of us all out front...but the boxes are all unpacked).
Moving day (the 2nd) was eventful and was preceded by a very smooth closing and a not so smooth car accident. Don't worry, everyone was fine, but we did have to get a rental for the week until the repairs could be finished. One more thing I didn't want to have to worry about!
Here are the kiddos sitting out on our front porch. We wouldn't let them eat inside because it was sooooo clean (totally gotten over that).

Here's the beginnings of the unpacking which was a minor nightmare but is over so I don't have to think about it anymore. I am never moving again.
One sad thing happen to us...our storage unit was broken into and it has been very sad to unpack and realize, bit by bit, what was taken from us. Not too much was stolen, but enough to make us really sad/mad/frustrated. Many of the items were things James and I had gotten while traveling (pre-kiddos). Lost most of my Jerusalem Center stuff and James doesn't have his souvenirs from Africa anymore. Sad, huh? Well, we're getting over it. The nice house is a great consolation.
We want everyone to visit us! Especially now that we are mortgage poor again and can't afford to travel. We've got a guest bedroom and a sweet view so come on by!

10 comments:

Marie Bindrup said...

Lovin it! Cute kitchen-what I could see of it. Take pics of the rooms you painted etc and your family room etc. Can't wait to come visit- we are mortgage poor, too- and gas poor- but I am determined to make it out to visit!

Driel said...

That is so sad about the car accident and the break-in. We are totally going to have to come and visit. We missed seeing you in Colorado this year.

Craig Smith said...

The house looks great - from what I could see! I need more pictures when you get time Karen! We are so happy for you guys - good luck with the unpacking and putting away - always a "no fun" job. The boys loved to see the picture of the girls eating in the front. We miss you guys.

Beck's said...

Congratulations. It looks cute, maybe we will have to go on vacation and come and see you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! It is beautiful and I bet it feels great to be in your own home again. And score on the furniture!! Can't wait to see it on our next trip.
All good things are balanced by bad things. So of course something had to happen. Glad you are all o.k.
Love to all.

Sarbear said...

That is so frustrating about the break-in! Just argg.

It is so nice to be settle though, I bet. I agree moving is the worst and I don't plan to do again either. I'm glad you are finally settled. Andrew mentioned to his friend the other day that his cousin Ella didn't have a house, then I told him that hers was done, he was very excited for her to have a house again. And I am too.

MZP said...

that's so sad that someone broke in to your stuff!

your house is lovely, we are losers for not visiting you. hope the move went ok.

cori said...

Hooray for being moved in!! It's beautiful...and I saw pics of the rest that Kimball took...and that part's beautiful too!! We definitely need to come visit. So happy for you that the moving day is over. Keep us posted!

KC said...

Check ebay for your stuff from Jerusalem and Africa. I wonder if you would find it. That isn't much fun though.
On the bright side, I'm loving the house. It looks like you have a really good setup out there. Good luck with blinds, drapes, yard, and all the other wonderful things that come with a new home (like clean base boards and walls).

Joetta Toland said...

It is so great to have you here!!!