April: Pachelbel's Cannon in D and Chopin Nocturne Op. 72, No.1
May:Somewhere My Love (for you Mom!) and Flight of the Bumble Bee
June:Debussy's Reverie (never played it before) and The Maple Leaf Rag
July: Fantasie-Impromptu and Alla Turca by Mozart
Aug:Moonlight Sonata (sad that I don't know this already) and Trois Nocturnes by Chopin
Sept: Grieg Conterto (probably will cop out on this one...)
Oct: Sabre Dance and Climb Ev'ry Mountain (don't laugh)
Nov: Valse by Chopin
Dec: Sligh Ride and O Holy Night (because everyone should know this one, right?)
To accomplish this goal I think I'm going to have to stop reading for 4-6 hours at night, but that is probably something I should do anyway. I should have more that one hobby, right?
There. Now that I've blogged about it, I'm committed.

6 comments:
I love it. I have been saying for years I need to remember how to play the piano. I think you just inspired me. Thanks
I actually played the piano twice this week. It's a new record. I barely played it that often when I was taking lessons.
Good luck on your goal sister! You are ambitious to tackle those tough recital pieces again, like the valse and the greig.
Hey do you have the David Lanz piano music book?
So you'll be posting the video of your recital at the end of the year, right? :) Sounds awesome!! My question is, how do you get the kids to leave you (and the piano) alone long enough to practice? Hook me up!
Sarah-I do have the David Lanz piano book. Ha!
Cori just made an excellent point...I hadn't thought of the kid factor when I made my goal. Humm. Well, I guess I'm going to have a lot of "accompaniment" in the higher and lower octaves.
Karen, are you still keeping up on your piano goals?? I just got a piano and am starting up again (though I didn't get far to begin with)... but I'm in love with a new-found site sheetzbox.com (it looks a little shady, but I'm not complaining!) I love the Pride & Prejudice piano music on there, and "Tomorrow" from Annie for my 5 year old to sing :) Just thought I'd pass it along!
~Mary
Post a Comment