Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Snow in May


Everyone told me to plant after Mother's Day...hum, well, I'm glad I didn't listen and go out and buy my tomato plants for our vegetable garden. Actually, the only reason I didn't do it is because we've been so busy getting everything else done in the yard. BUT, guess what? We're done!!!! Ha! Never thought it would happen but it did. We finally finished putting the beds in on Saturday and had the hydroseeding guy come in the afternoon. I've got some before and after pics that I will post in a few weeks when our grass actually starts to grow, but in the mean time, here is what it looks like right now.


The bright green looks weird, but it should fade in a few days. The snow is actually a good thing for the seed because (apparently) it helps it to really sink down into the ground (or something like that). We have some fine tuning to do still, but now we can enjoy the rest of the spring and summer without this monster project hanging over our heads.
THANK YOU to James' family for helping us with this. Seriously above and beyond the call of duty and we totally appreciate it!

1 comment:

Marie Bindrup said...

Yeah! I can't wait to see your pics. Isn't it nice to have the big projects done? Now you can just HAVE FUN!